WOC 2013 in Vuokatti, Finland is finished and US team members have once again set off to various destinations around the world.
|We're a good looking team, aren't we? (All photos by Kenny!)|
As in most years, this WOC had its ups and downs. Some people finished their races with big smiles, happy with their runs, thrilled with their placement. Other times... not so much. There were a few tears, a few maps tossed in disgust, and it least one case of someone beating themselves with some awesome socks as punishment for a mispunch. However, there were a lot of ups! Some highlights:
- Ali had top 30 finishes in all three individual races (25th in sprint, 18th in long, and 29th in middle). This is not only an awesome set of results, but her 18th place in the long is the best ever result by an American at WOC.
- The relay men (Eric, Boris, and Ross) each had solid runs and all were satisfied, resulting in a 27th place finish -- two places higher than last year. In the relay it's a good day when all three runners feel good!
- The relay women (Ali, Sam, Hannah) beat Canada!
- There was coverage of WOC on TV. In the US! Check it out!
- The team came together and bonded over positive mantras, games of Seven Wonders, and angry birds candy. A happy team is a good team.
You can find all results on the results page of the WOC 2013 site and results for US team members specifically at the OUSA site.
The team was also lucky to have Ken Walker, Jr. with us, along with his big box of camera toys, snapping photos of us in the forest and out and about. You can see his photos on his SmugMug site.
Remember that you can follow us on our Facebook page!
Everyone on the team really appreciates all of the support and fan comments from back home. Thank you!